Antonio Felix da Costa recorded the fastest time on the second day of the Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi. His time was two hundredths of a second slower than yesterday’s fastest time, set by Kevin Magnussen.
Oliver Turvey finished just under half a second behind him in his McLaren with Edoardo Mortara, who had taken over from Nicolas Prost at Lotus, and Sauber reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez finishing in third and fourth.
Gutierrez, who completed the heaviest workload with 94 laps, will be out on track again tomorrow. “The last sector of the track I find a bit tricky, especially turn 20,” he admitted. “I don’t have the confidence yet to push harder there.”
Gary Paffett, who took out the McLaren in the morning before passing it to Turvey, was fifth fastest ahead of Johnny Cecotto Jr in the Toro Rosso and Giedo van der Garde in the Caterham.
Full report to follow.
Driver Team Time Laps
1. Antonio Felix da Costa Red Bull 1m 42.679s 62
2. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1m 43.176s + 0.497 62
3. Edoardo Mortara Lotua 1m 43.418s + 0.739 75
4. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1m 43.485s + 0.806 94
5. Gary Paffett McLaren 1m 43.771s + 1.092 41
6. Johnny Cecotto Toro Rosso 1m 44.569s + 1.890 76
7. Giedo van der Garde Caterham 1m 46.106s + 2.427 72
Source: ESPN F1